Terrain and Snow
Situated in the deep powder snow belt of the Cariboo Mountains, the most significiant and uncomparable feature of this terrain is the long, steep, naturally gladed tree skiing surrounding the lodge. Huge pillow lines, drops and ramps provide expert to intermediate skiers and boarders alike with options to experience the powder skiing of their dreams.
- Glades, chutes, glacier, technical alpine summits and descents
- Average tree run is 550 m and summit to lodge 1100 m
- Ideal terrain for snowboarding due to steep consistent fall
- World class ancient forest powder skiing
- Direct day access to the Wavy Range of Wells Gray Park
- Several adjoining valleys with many un-skied lines
- Very deep and consistently dry powder
- Ski mountaineering and touring season into late May
The lodge offers a rental accomodation that is cozy, comfortable and well equipped. The upstairs features four bedrooms, three of which contain a large twin and a queen bed, the fourth contains four large twin beds and a sitting area.
Sheets, pillows and pillow-cases are provided. Guests must bring their own duvet or sleeping bags.
The main floor includes a well-equipped kitchen with full size gas range with oven, sitting, storage, dining area and modern woodstove.
Next to the lodge is a second building that contains a cedar sauna, shower, toliets and a handwashing sink.
- Water is hauled and treated for drinking.
- The lodge and sauna building are served by a professionally engineered waste water system.
- The lodge is a cell service and WiFi free zone.
- Communication is by VHF radio and InReach Satellite Communicator
- The warm lodge and sauna buildings feature CERTIFIED efficient wood heat appliances.
- TV and DVD player are on site.
Access to Snowy Mountain Lodge is via touring snowmobile and large toboggan skiff from the trailhead near Blue River during the winter months. The trail to the lodge is generally non-technical, takes approximately 1.5 hours in mid-season trail conditions. It includes beautiful mountain scenery.
A lodge host is onsite at all times.
Snowy Mountain Lodge is situated in a very deep winter snowpack. This area often experiences massive storm cycles with huge new snow inputs. During these times and often in early season the snowmobile path may not be present right to the lodge and you should be prepared to tour in part way. In this circumstance, we will update guests on travel conditions close to your rental date.